Custom Design Precision Machining Stainless Steel Pinion Plastic Spur Gears
At CHINAMFG Industry, we use the latest machining technology with a wide range of capabilities to meet your demands. Our manufacturing facilities include 3-5 axis milling, lathes, grinding, etc, and state of the art metrology. With these machines, we produce complex parts in the most efficient and accurate way. Our manufacturing capabilities allow us to develop your part from prototype to mass production for the most precise of jobs.
|CNC Milling, CNC Turning, Turning-Milling Machining, Micro Machining, Grinding, Boring, Tapping.
|Stainless Steel, Alloy Steel, Carbon Steel, Free-cutting Steel, Brass, Copper, Aluminum, POM, PTFE.
|Polishing, Sand Blasting, Anodizing, Zinc Plating, Nickel Plating, Blackening, QPQ, Painting, etc..
|ANSI, ASTM, DIN, JIS, BS, GB, ISO, etc..
|Medical, Aerospace, Millitary, Instrument, Optics, Food Equipment, AUTO Parts, Furniture, etc..
Precision Machining is the most important sector in CHINAMFG Industry, we have been a trusted manufacturing supplier in this field for over 15 years. We have built an impeccable reputation on quality, customer service and utilizing state-of-the-art equipment. Our expertise has made us the Best in Quality and Innovation.
|3-axis machining center
|Max. 1000 x 1200mm
|4-axis machining center
|Max. 1000 x 1500mm
|5-axis machining center
|Max. 1000 x 1500mm
|Max. diameter 100mm
|Max. diameter 500mm
|Max. diameter 100mm
|Max. diameter 30mm
|Max. diameter 20mm
|CNC Swiss Lathe
|Max. diameter 20mm
Other assist equipments include:
Milling machine, Drilling machine, Centerless Grinding machine, External Cylindrical Grinding machine, etc.
Vernier Caliper, Micrometer, Height Gage, Hardness Tester, Two-dimensional image measuring instrument, TESA Micro-Hite 300, Mitutoyo surface Roughness Tester, Mitutoyo CMM and Ultrasonic Cleaner.
Q1: Are you a trading company or a manufacturer?
Q2: How long is your delivery time?
Normally, the samples delivery is 10-15 days and the lead time for the official order is 30-45 days.
Q3: How long will it take to quote the RFQs?
Normally, it will take 2-3 days.
Q4: Do you provide samples?
Yes, the samples will be free if the cost is not too high.
Q5: Which countries are your target markets?
America, Canada, Europe, Australia and New Zealand.
Q6: Do you have experience of doing business with overseas customers?
Yes, we have over 10 years exporting experience and 95% of our products were exported to overseas market. We specialized in the high quality OEM parts,
we are familiar with the standard of ANSI, DIN, ISO, BS, JIS, etc..
Q7: Do you have reference customers?
Yes, we have been appointed as the supplier of Parker(USA) since 2012. “Supply the top quality precision machined parts” is our management philosophy,
ON TIME and EVERYTIME.
|CE, RoHS, ISO9001
|DIN, ASTM, GB, JIS, ANSI, BS
|Stainless Steel , Plastic
|Metal Processing Machinery Parts
Can spur gears be used in automotive applications?
Yes, spur gears can be used in automotive applications. Here’s a detailed explanation:
Spur gears are one of the simplest and most commonly used types of gears. They consist of cylindrical teeth that are parallel to the gear axis and mesh with each other to transmit power and motion. While other gear types like helical gears or bevel gears are often preferred in certain automotive applications, spur gears still find their place in various automotive systems and components.
Spur gears are commonly found in manual transmissions, especially in lower gears. They are used to achieve a direct and efficient power transfer between the engine and the wheels. Spur gears in transmissions are designed to handle high torque loads and provide reliable performance.
In automotive differentials, which distribute power between the wheels while allowing them to rotate at different speeds, spur gears are often employed. They are used in the differential gear train to transfer torque from the driveshaft to the wheels. The simplicity and robustness of spur gears make them suitable for this application.
3. Starter Motors:
Spur gears are commonly used in starter motors to crank the engine when starting a vehicle. They provide high torque and efficient power transmission to rotate the engine’s crankshaft and initiate the combustion process. Starter motor spur gears are designed to handle the initial load and engage smoothly with the engine’s flywheel.
4. Timing Systems:
In automotive timing systems, where precise synchronization of engine components is crucial, spur gears can be used. They are employed in timing belts or chains to drive the camshafts, ensuring proper valve timing and engine performance. Spur gears in timing systems contribute to accurate and reliable engine operation.
5. Accessories and Auxiliary Components:
Spur gears are also utilized in various automotive accessories and auxiliary components. They can be found in power window mechanisms, windshield wipers, power steering systems, and other mechanisms that require controlled and synchronized motion. Spur gears provide cost-effective and efficient power transmission for these applications.
It’s important to note that while spur gears have their advantages, they also have certain limitations. They can generate more noise and vibration compared to gears with helical or bevel tooth profiles. Additionally, spur gears are not as suitable for high-speed or high-torque applications as other gear types.
Overall, spur gears have a significant presence in automotive applications, particularly in manual transmissions, differentials, starter motors, timing systems, and various auxiliary components. Their simplicity, reliability, and cost-effectiveness make them a viable choice for specific automotive gear applications.
What lubrication is required for spur gears?
The lubrication requirements for spur gears are essential to ensure smooth operation, minimize wear, reduce friction, and dissipate heat. Here’s a detailed explanation of the lubrication needed for spur gears:
Spur gears typically require lubricants that possess specific characteristics to provide effective lubrication. These lubricants should have the following properties:
- Viscosity: The lubricant should have the appropriate viscosity to create a sufficient lubricating film between the gear teeth. The viscosity should be suitable for the operating conditions, including the load, speed, and temperature. Higher loads and speeds generally require higher viscosity lubricants to maintain an adequate lubricating film.
- Extreme Pressure (EP) Properties: Spur gears may experience high contact pressures and sliding friction, especially during heavy load conditions. Lubricants with EP additives are necessary to provide enhanced protection against wear and prevent metal-to-metal contact between the gear teeth. EP additives form a protective film on the gear surfaces, reducing friction and extending gear life.
- Anti-Wear (AW) Properties: Lubricants for spur gears should have anti-wear properties to protect the gear teeth from excessive wear and surface damage. AW additives form a protective layer on the gear surfaces, reducing friction and preventing metal-to-metal contact. This helps prolong the gear life and maintain gear system efficiency.
- Oxidation and Corrosion Resistance: The lubricant should possess good oxidation resistance to withstand high operating temperatures without deteriorating. It should also provide corrosion protection to prevent rust and corrosion on the gear surfaces, especially in environments with moisture or aggressive contaminants.
- Compatibility: The lubricant should be compatible with the materials used in the gear system, including the gear material, shafts, and bearings. It should not cause any adverse reactions or damage to the gear components. Consult the gear manufacturer’s recommendations for lubricant compatibility.
The specific type and grade of lubricant needed for spur gears depend on the application, operating conditions, and gear material. Common lubricants used for spur gears include mineral oils, synthetic oils, and grease. Synthetic lubricants are often preferred for their superior performance in terms of viscosity stability, oxidation resistance, and temperature extremes.
When applying lubrication to spur gears, ensure that the lubricant is evenly distributed across the gear teeth. Proper lubrication can be achieved through methods such as oil bath lubrication, oil mist lubrication, or oil application directly onto the gear teeth. The lubrication interval and quantity should be based on the gear system’s operating conditions and the lubricant manufacturer’s recommendations.
Regular inspection and maintenance of the gear system are necessary to monitor the lubricant condition, replenish as needed, and ensure the gears remain properly lubricated throughout their service life.
It is important to consult the gear manufacturer’s guidelines and recommendations, as they may provide specific lubrication requirements and considerations for their gear products.
What are the applications of spur gears?
Spur gears find a wide range of applications in various mechanical systems due to their simplicity, efficiency, and versatility. These gears are commonly used in numerous industries and equipment. Here’s a detailed explanation of the applications of spur gears:
- Automotive Industry: Spur gears are extensively used in automobiles for power transmission applications. They are employed in gearboxes, differentials, and transmission systems to transfer torque and rotational motion between the engine, wheels, and other components.
- Machinery and Manufacturing: Spur gears are widely utilized in machinery and manufacturing equipment. They play a crucial role in conveyor systems, machine tools, printing presses, textile machinery, packaging machinery, and various other industrial applications.
- Power Generation: Spur gears are employed in power generation systems such as wind turbines, hydroelectric turbines, and steam turbines. They help convert the rotational motion of the turbine blades into electricity by transmitting power from the rotor to the generator.
- Robotics and Automation: Spur gears are commonly used in robotics and automation systems. They are utilized in robotic joints, actuators, and drive systems to control motion and transmit torque accurately and efficiently.
- Aerospace and Aviation: Spur gears are found in various aerospace and aviation applications. They are used in aircraft landing gear systems, engine components, flight control systems, and auxiliary power units (APUs) to transmit power and control movement.
- Marine and Shipbuilding: Spur gears have applications in the marine and shipbuilding industry. They are used in propulsion systems, winches, steering mechanisms, and other equipment that require torque transmission and speed control.
- Appliances and Household Equipment: Spur gears are present in numerous household appliances and equipment. They are found in washing machines, dishwashers, mixers, food processors, garage door openers, and many other appliances that require rotational motion and power transmission.
- Power Tools: Spur gears are utilized in power tools such as drills, saws, grinders, and sanders. They help transmit power from the motor to the tool’s cutting or grinding components, enabling efficient operation.
- Medical Equipment: Spur gears are used in various medical devices and equipment. They can be found in imaging systems, surgical robots, medical pumps, and other applications that require precise motion control and torque transmission.
- Clocks and Watches: Spur gears are an essential component in mechanical clocks and watches. They are responsible for accurate timekeeping by transferring rotational motion from the mainspring or oscillator to the hour, minute, and second hands.
These are just a few examples of the broad range of applications where spur gears are utilized. Their simplicity, reliability, and ability to transmit power and motion efficiently make them a popular choice in various industries and equipment.
editor by CX 2023-09-28