|Sintered metal parts / Planetary Sun Drive Spur Gea
|Stainless steel,Steel(Iron,)Brass,Copper (According to product design requirements)
|As your requirement
|Tool industry,Automotive, instrument, electrical equipment, household appliances, furniture, mechanical equipment,daily living equipment, electronic sports equipment, light industry products, sanitation machinery, etc.
|Any other material and dimension depends on customers’ demand.
|100% inspection before shipment
|Returned Goods Managing
|With quality problem or deviation from drawings
|Replacement at all our cost for rejected products
|T/T at sight, Paypal, Western Union,etc.
|7-15 working days as usual,It will based on the detailed order quantity.
|Why Choose Us
1. We have professional powder metallurgy production equipment and team;
2. We can accompany customers to develop products;
3. Just send an idea that you want to try, you don’t even need to know what powder metallurgy;
4. Our sales will reply you within 24 hours to confirm further details and give the estimated quote time;
5. Our team will evaluate your inquiry and provide our offer within next 1~3 working days.
1. You send us drawing or sample.
2. We carry through project assessment.
3. We give you our design for your confirmation.
4. We make the sample and send it to you after you confirmed our design.
5. You confirm the sample then place an order and pay us deposit.
6. We start producing.
7. When the goods is done, you pay us the balance after you confirmed pictures or tracking numbers.
8. Trade is done, thank you!!
Additional Capabilities CAD Design Services CAM Programming Services Coordinate Measuring Machines (CMM) Reverse Engineering
|Some Parts We Manufacture
|Design Tips: Powder Metallurgy Gears
1. Radius > 0.25 mm is required to manufacture the die;
2. Helical teeth should feature a helical angle < 30º in order to limit side pressure on the punches;
3. Introduction of a draft angle > 5º in the upper diameter reduce the tooling cost;
4. The distance between tooth root and central hub diameter must be: > 3 mm (Robust Tooling).
If you want to know more about the product, please send us a message.
|The Powder Metallurgy Manufacturing Process
|Q: How can I get the quotation?
|A: Please send us information for quote: drawing, material, weight, quantity and request,w can accept PDF, ISGS, DWG, STEP file format.
If you don’t have drawing, please send the sample to us,we can quote based on your sample too.
|Q: What’s your MOQ?
|A: In general 1000pcs,but can accept low quantity in some special conditions.
|Q: Do you provide samples ? is it free or extra ?
|A: Yes, we could offer the sample for free charge but do not pay the cost of freight.
|Q: What about the leading time for mass production?
|A: Honestly, it depends on the order quantity. Normally, 15 days to 20 days after your deposit if no tooling needed.
|Q: What if the parts are not good?
|A: We can guarantee good quality,but if happened,please contact us immediately, take some pictures, we will check on the problem,and solve it asap.
|Q: What is your terms of payment ?
|A: Payment=1000USD, 30% T/T in advance ,balance before shippment
Estimated freight per unit.
|To be negotiated
|Motor, Electric Cars, Motorcycle, Machinery, Marine, Toy, Agricultural Machinery, Car
|Hardened Tooth Surface
Can spur gears be used in precision manufacturing equipment?
Yes, spur gears can be used in precision manufacturing equipment. Here’s a detailed explanation:
Precision manufacturing equipment requires high accuracy, repeatability, and reliability to produce intricate and precise components. While other gear types like helical gears or bevel gears are commonly used in precision applications, spur gears can also be suitable in certain scenarios.
1. Low-Speed Applications:
Spur gears are well-suited for low-speed applications where high precision is required. In precision manufacturing equipment, such as milling machines, lathes, or grinding machines, where controlled and precise rotational motion is essential, spur gears can provide the necessary power transmission with accuracy.
2. Linear Actuators and Positioning Systems:
Spur gears can be used in linear actuators and positioning systems within precision manufacturing equipment. These systems require precise movement control, and spur gears can convert rotary motion into linear motion accurately. By incorporating precision-ground spur gears with proper backlash control, highly accurate positioning can be achieved.
3. Tooling Systems:
Spur gears are employed in tooling systems used in precision manufacturing equipment, such as indexing heads and rotary tables. These systems enable precise and repeatable positioning of workpieces or cutting tools. Spur gears with high precision tooth profiles and low backlash are utilized to ensure accurate tool positioning and consistent machining results.
4. Measuring and Inspection Equipment:
In precision manufacturing, gear systems are also utilized in measuring and inspection equipment. Spur gears can be incorporated into gear trains within instruments like coordinate measuring machines (CMMs) or optical comparators to translate linear or rotary motion into precise measurement data. The gear systems in these instruments require minimal backlash and high accuracy to ensure accurate measurements.
5. Customized Gear Systems:
In some cases, precision manufacturing equipment may require custom-designed gear systems to meet specific application requirements. Spur gears can be tailored and optimized for these custom gear systems, taking into account factors like gear tooth profile, material selection, and gear geometry. This allows for the creation of highly precise and specialized gear systems.
While spur gears have advantages in precision manufacturing equipment, it’s important to consider their limitations. Due to their design, spur gears may produce more noise and vibration compared to other gear types. Additionally, they are generally not suitable for high-speed or high-torque applications that demand continuous and smooth power transmission.
Overall, spur gears can be successfully used in precision manufacturing equipment for specific applications that require low-speed, precise motion control, accurate positioning, and measurement capabilities. Proper gear selection, high-quality manufacturing, and careful system integration are key to achieving the desired precision and performance in these gear applications.
What is the purpose of using spur gears in machinery?
In machinery, spur gears serve several important purposes due to their unique characteristics and capabilities. Here’s a detailed explanation of the purpose of using spur gears in machinery:
- Power Transmission: Spur gears are primarily used for power transmission in machinery. They transfer rotational motion and torque from one shaft to another, allowing machinery to perform various tasks. By meshing the teeth of two or more spur gears together, power can be transmitted efficiently and reliably throughout the machinery.
- Speed Reduction or Increase: Spur gears enable speed reduction or increase in machinery. By combining gears with different numbers of teeth, the rotational speed can be adjusted to match the desired output speed. For example, using a larger gear driving a smaller gear can increase the speed output while reducing the torque, while the opposite arrangement can decrease the speed while increasing the torque.
- Torque Amplification: Spur gears can amplify torque in machinery. By using gears with different numbers of teeth, the torque can be adjusted to match the required output. For example, using a smaller gear driving a larger gear can increase the torque output while reducing the speed, while the opposite arrangement can decrease the torque while increasing the speed.
- Directional Control: Spur gears provide directional control in machinery. By meshing gears with opposite orientations, the rotational direction of the driven shaft can be reversed or changed. This directional control is crucial for machinery that requires bi-directional motion or needs to change the direction of operation.
- Mechanical Advantage: Spur gears offer a mechanical advantage in machinery. By utilizing gear ratios, spur gears can multiply or divide the force exerted on the input shaft. This mechanical advantage allows machinery to generate higher forces or achieve precise movements with reduced effort.
- Precision Positioning: Spur gears facilitate precise positioning in machinery. The accurate tooth engagement of spur gears ensures precise control over rotational motion, making them suitable for applications that require precise positioning or synchronization of components. Machinery such as CNC machines, robotics, and automation systems often rely on spur gears for accurate movement and positioning.
- Compact Design: Spur gears have a compact design, making them suitable for machinery with space constraints. They can be arranged in-line, parallel, or at right angles, allowing for efficient power transmission in tight spaces. Their compactness enables machinery to be designed with smaller footprints and optimized layouts.
- Reliability and Durability: Spur gears are known for their reliability and durability in machinery. The direct tooth engagement and uniform load distribution result in efficient power transmission with reduced wear and stress concentration. When properly lubricated and maintained, spur gears can withstand heavy loads and operate reliably over extended periods.
- Cost-Effectiveness: Spur gears are often cost-effective in machinery applications. Their simple design and ease of manufacturing contribute to lower production costs. Additionally, their high efficiency helps reduce energy consumption, resulting in potential long-term cost savings. The availability of spur gears in various sizes and materials further enhances their cost-effectiveness.
By utilizing spur gears in machinery, engineers and designers can achieve efficient power transmission, speed and torque control, directional versatility, mechanical advantage, precise positioning, compact design, reliability, durability, and cost-effectiveness. These advantages make spur gears a popular choice in a wide range of machinery applications across industries.
How do spur gears differ from other types of gears?
Spur gears, as a specific type of gear, possess distinct characteristics and features that set them apart from other types of gears. Here’s a detailed explanation of how spur gears differ from other types of gears:
- Tooth Geometry: One of the primary differences lies in the tooth geometry. Spur gears have straight teeth that are cut parallel to the gear axis. This differs from other gear types, such as helical gears or bevel gears, which have angled or curved teeth.
- Gear Meshing: Spur gears mesh by direct contact between their teeth, creating a line or point contact. This meshing arrangement is different from other gear types, such as worm gears or planetary gears, where the teeth mesh in a different manner, such as through sliding contact or multiple points of contact.
- Direction of Force: Spur gears transmit rotational motion and torque in a specific direction. The force is transmitted along the axis of the gears, making them suitable for parallel shaft arrangements. In contrast, other types of gears, such as bevel gears or hypoid gears, can transmit motion between non-parallel or intersecting shafts.
- Noise and Vibration: Spur gears tend to produce more noise and vibration compared to certain other gear types. The direct contact between the teeth and the sudden engagement/disengagement of the teeth can generate impact forces, leading to noise and vibration. In contrast, gear types like helical gears or double-enveloping worm gears provide smoother meshing and reduced noise levels.
- Efficiency and Load Distribution: Spur gears generally offer high efficiency in power transmission due to their direct tooth engagement. However, they may experience higher stress concentrations and load concentrations compared to other gear types. Gear designs like helical gears or planetary gears can distribute the load more evenly across the teeth, reducing stress concentrations.
- Applications: Spur gears find widespread applications in various industries and equipment. Their simplicity, ease of manufacture, and cost-effectiveness make them suitable for a wide range of systems. Other gear types have specific applications where their unique characteristics, such as high torque transmission, precise motion control, or compact size, are advantageous.
In summary, spur gears differ from other types of gears in terms of tooth geometry, gear meshing, direction of force transmission, noise and vibration characteristics, load distribution, and specific applications. Understanding these differences is crucial when selecting the appropriate gear type for a particular mechanical system, considering factors such as load requirements, motion control, efficiency, and design constraints.
editor by CX 2023-09-18